Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default max query result size

Is there some place to set the maximum number of rows returned by a query?
One of the resons I upgraded to Excel 2007 was the row limit increase. but I
just ran a query and the data cut off at row 65536. I know there should be
about another 20K rows.

Peter Richardson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Unless my old .xls file was renamed to the new 2007 extensions (.xlsm or
..xlsx), my old .xls function formulas did not work (even though 1 million
rows displays).

Perhaps it is the same issue with you?
--
Thx
MSweetG222

"barnabel" wrote:

Is there some place to set the maximum number of rows returned by a query?
One of the resons I upgraded to Excel 2007 was the row limit increase. but I
just ran a query and the data cut off at row 65536. I know there should be
about another 20K rows.

Peter Richardson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That was the thought that snother discussion made me think of yesterday but I
can't test it until tommorrow at work. Excel 2007 won't let me save-as when
accessing remotely so I have to get be in the office to resave.

I'll let you know tommorrow if this solves it

"barnabel" wrote:

Is there some place to set the maximum number of rows returned by a query?
One of the resons I upgraded to Excel 2007 was the row limit increase. but I
just ran a query and the data cut off at row 65536. I know there should be
about another 20K rows.

Peter Richardson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes this turned out to be the solution. Since the sheet was opened in
compatability mode it had to remain compatable. Saving as xlsm, closing and
reopening allowed the right resultss to be returned.