Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to keep sheet modules collapsed?

Why is that the sheet modules or "microsoft excel objects" expands
when I switch from the VBE to Excel?

In one project, I have 50+ sheet modules, which I keep collapsed while
working in my normal modules. This way I'm not distracted by all the
sheet modules when scrolling to other modules. I then switch over to
the Excel workbook to work in the cells. When I switch back to the
VBE, all the sheet modules are no longer collapsed. I have to keep
collapsing them when returning to the VBE, they won't remain
collapsed.

Is there any way to prevent this?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'n my experience all you can do is protect the project, which is great for
completes add-ins you don't need to mess with, but that hides the whole thing
until you unprotect it.

HTH,

Smitty

"Gregg" wrote:

Why is that the sheet modules or "microsoft excel objects" expands
when I switch from the VBE to Excel?

In one project, I have 50+ sheet modules, which I keep collapsed while
working in my normal modules. This way I'm not distracted by all the
sheet modules when scrolling to other modules. I then switch over to
the Excel workbook to work in the cells. When I switch back to the
VBE, all the sheet modules are no longer collapsed. I have to keep
collapsing them when returning to the VBE, they won't remain
collapsed.

Is there any way to prevent this?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Gregg" wrote:
Why is that the sheet modules or "microsoft excel objects" expands
when I switch from the VBE to Excel?

In one project, I have 50+ sheet modules, which I keep collapsed while
working in my normal modules. This way I'm not distracted by all the
sheet modules when scrolling to other modules. I then switch over to
the Excel workbook to work in the cells. When I switch back to the
VBE, all the sheet modules are no longer collapsed. I have to keep
collapsing them when returning to the VBE, they won't remain
collapsed.

Is there any way to prevent this?

Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

On Aug 1, 10:00 pm, Smitty wrote:
I'n my experience all you can do is protect the project, which is great for
completes add-ins you don't need to mess with, but that hides the whole thing
until you unprotect it.

HTH,

Smitty

Right. But once it's unlocked, there's no way to keep the sheet
modules collapsed, right?

So, is everyone else having to deal with this too? It's not just me,
right? I was afraid I was missing a work-around.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'd forgotten about this one: www.mztools.com.

It's a free add-in for the VBE that includes an option to collapse groups.

I think that's about the best you're gonna get...

Smitty

On Aug 1, 10:00 pm, Smitty wrote:
I'n my experience all you can do is protect the project, which is great for
completes add-ins you don't need to mess with, but that hides the whole thing
until you unprotect it.

HTH,

Smitty

Right. But once it's unlocked, there's no way to keep the sheet
modules collapsed, right?

So, is everyone else having to deal with this too? It's not just me,
right? I was afraid I was missing a work-around.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Aug 1, 10:00 pm, Smitty wrote:
I'n my experience all you can do is protect the project, which is great for
completes add-ins you don't need to mess with, but that hides the whole thing
until you unprotect it.

HTH,

Smitty

Right. But once it's unlocked, there's no way to keep the sheet
modules collapsed, right?

So, is everyone else having to deal with this too? It's not just me,
right? I was afraid I was missing a work-around.- Hide quoted text -

On Aug 4, 2:36 pm, Smitty wrote:
I'd forgotten about this one:www.mztools.com.

It's a free add-in for the VBE that includes an option to collapse groups.

I think that's about the best you're gonna get...

Smitty

I love it! 'Not what I was asking for, but I've never seen this tool
and have lots of uses for it. Anymore cool tools like that?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Quote:
Anymore cool tools like that?
If you're pre Office 12 you can check out VBScroll by Shahin Gasanov. A
Google search will turn it up. It allows scrolling in the VBE.

Smitty

"Gregg" wrote:

On Aug 4, 2:36 pm, Smitty wrote:
I'd forgotten about this one:www.mztools.com.

It's a free add-in for the VBE that includes an option to collapse groups.

I think that's about the best you're gonna get...

Smitty

I love it! 'Not what I was asking for, but I've never seen this tool
and have lots of uses for it. Anymore cool tools like that?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Got it. That's making my life a lot easier.

Thanks!

Quote:

On Aug 4, 2:36 pm, Smitty wrote:
I'd forgotten about this one:www.mztools.com.

It's a free add-in for the VBE that includes an option to collapse groups.

I think that's about the best you're gonna get...

Smitty

I love it! 'Not what I was asking for, but I've never seen this tool
and have lots of uses for it. Anymore cool tools like that?

Thanks!- Hide quoted text -