Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formatting withing formula?

Hello--

In a cell, I have a formula concatenated with text, like this:

="The analysis reveals that " & <formula goes here & "blah, blah, blah..."

As is, the number resulting from the formula has a ton of decimal places. I
need to control that so that it displays the way I want. In some cases that
will be with one or two decimal places, and in others with none, etc. It
doesn't seem to recognize the Format function that is recognized in VBA code.
Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The equivalent function to Format in Excel is Text(Value, "Format")

So something like this...
="The analysis reveals that " & Text(<formula goes here, "0.00") & "blah,
blah, blah..."
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson