Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VB Question text box entries

I have a workbook that contains several spreadsheets which contain data about
our RV inventory. I have command buttons and companion VB code which allows
users of the workbook to enter data. The VB code assures that the entered
data is placed in the correct place in the workbook. In some of the cases
where I use text boxes to gather input from the user the set of possible
inputs is relatively small (less than 50 possiblities). Is there a way to
implement an "auto-complete" function with these text boxes so that the user
must type only enough characters to make the entry unique and then the system
will suggest a completed entry?
--
Pat
PoulsboRV
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not use a ComboBox? Except for the drop-down arrow, it looks like a
TextBox and has the functionality you want built in. Simply populate the
ComboBox, in alphabetical order, with the 50 or so items you have.

Rick

"Pat_PRV" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you, Rick, I do believe that will solve my problem.
--
Pat
PoulsboRV