Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Insert Symbol from Wingdings

I want to insert character 152 from Wingdings 2 into the current cell in my
worksheet. I can't seem to find the right syntax to do that. Can anyone
help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Kent,

try this

With ActiveCell
.Value = Chr(152)
.Font.Name = "Wingdings 2"
End With

--
Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano

"Kent McPherson" wrote:

I want to insert character 152 from Wingdings 2 into the current cell in my
worksheet. I can't seem to find the right syntax to do that. Can anyone
help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You need to use chr(152) to specify the character you want.

Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded 7/25/2007
'

'
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = Chr(152)
With ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=1).Font
.Name = "Wingdings 2"
.FontStyle = "Regular"
.Size = 10
.Strikethrough = False
.Superscript = False
.Subscript = False
.OutlineFont = False
.Shadow = False
.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleNone
.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
End With
End Sub

"Kent McPherson" wrote:

I want to insert character 152 from Wingdings 2 into the current cell in my
worksheet. I can't seem to find the right syntax to do that. Can anyone
help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I get a 438 error for the .Value = Chr(152) statement.

"Vergel Adriano" wrote in message
Kent,

try this

With ActiveCell