Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combobox - MatchRequired does not work?

Hi,

I'm using Excel 2002 SP3 and I have a control toolbox ComboBox on a sheet.
The properties a
LinkedCell: B4 (range on the same worksheet)
ListFillrange: H2:H5 (H2=London, H3=Luxemburg, H4=Berlin, H5=Brussels)
MatchEntry: 1 - fmMatchEntryComplete
MatchRequired: True
Style: 2 - fmStyleDropDownCombo

The help file says about MathRequired:
Specifies whether a value entered in the text portion of a ComboBox must
match an entry in the existing list portion of the control. The user can
enter non-matching values, but may not leave the control until a matching
value is entered.

The odd thing is that I can type anything I want, the LinkedCell gets
updated with each keystroke and I can leave the combobox - even if the value
does not match an entry in the list!

Am I missing something here?
Any help appreciated.
-=Wim=-

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Wim SKW wrote:
Hi,

I'm using Excel 2002 SP3 and I have a control toolbox ComboBox on a sheet.
The properties a
LinkedCell: B4 (range on the same worksheet)
ListFillrange: H2:H5 (H2=London, H3=Luxemburg, H4=Berlin, H5=Brussels)
MatchEntry: 1 - fmMatchEntryComplete
MatchRequired: True
Style: 2 - fmStyleDropDownCombo

The help file says about MathRequired:
Specifies whether a value entered in the text portion of a ComboBox must
match an entry in the existing list portion of the control. The user can
enter non-matching values, but may not leave the control until a matching
value is entered.

The odd thing is that I can type anything I want, the LinkedCell gets
updated with each keystroke and I can leave the combobox - even if the value
does not match an entry in the list!

change style to dropdownlist

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For matchentry=true property of the combobox to work on the the excel worksheet it seems that you need to set the "style" property to 2. It certainly isnt obvious or intuitive.

WimSK wrote:

Combobox - MatchRequired does not work?
25-Jul-07

[...]

On Wednesday, July 25, 2007 10:02 AM
WimSK wrote:

[...]

Wim SKW wrote:

change style to dropdownlist

Code Recommendations For COM+ VB Developers
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...tions-for.aspx