Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
witek witek is offline

Default Combobox - MatchRequired does not work?

Wim SKW wrote:
Hi,

I'm using Excel 2002 SP3 and I have a control toolbox ComboBox on a sheet.
The properties a
LinkedCell: B4 (range on the same worksheet)
ListFillrange: H2:H5 (H2=London, H3=Luxemburg, H4=Berlin, H5=Brussels)
MatchEntry: 1 - fmMatchEntryComplete
MatchRequired: True
Style: 2 - fmStyleDropDownCombo

The help file says about MathRequired:
Specifies whether a value entered in the text portion of a ComboBox must
match an entry in the existing list portion of the control. The user can
enter non-matching values, but may not leave the control until a matching
value is entered.

The odd thing is that I can type anything I want, the LinkedCell gets
updated with each keystroke and I can leave the combobox - even if the value
does not match an entry in the list!

change style to dropdownlist