Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Click on a cell to get a check mark then...

I need to attach some Visual Basic code to a group of cells so the following
will happen.

The group of cells is going to be named ClickRange. In this example, I will
say the range corresponds to cells B3 through B8.

When a user left-clicks on B3 or B4 or B5, etc. I would like a check mark to
appear. (I am thinking that I need to format those cells to Wingdings2 and
when a capital P is typed in them, a check mark will show up.)

If a check mark already exists in the cell, I want the left-click to turn
the check mark off. (I am thinking that the cell.value is deleted.)

Then after the selection process is made by checking the cells on or off, I
want to have the user click on a button at the top of the page that will hide
all the rows that do not have a check mark.

Can you guys help me out here?

Thanks,

Tofer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, that is acceptable.

Also, while I was driving home, it occured to me that I could place a check
mark object in the cell and have them click that object on and off.

So that means that I need a VB code to hide the rows where the check mark
object is not checked.

Tofer

"ToferKing" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, that is acceptable.

It also occured to me that I could place a Checkmark Object in the cells and
have them check those on and off.

Then I would need help with the code that is attached to the button at the
top of the page that allows the unchecked rows to disappear.

Tofer

"ToferKing" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the worksheet module:

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
Cancel = True
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B3:B8")) Is Nothing Then
If Target = "P" Then
Target = vbNullString
ElseIf Target = vbNullString Then
Target = "P"
Else

In the code for the button:

Dim c As Range
For Each c In Range("B3:B8")
If c = "P" Then c.EntireRow.Hidden = True
Next

"ToferKing" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, I think I have the code entered properly. It is in the correct place
Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick, etc.

But when I double-click on the cells in the target range, the system acts
normal (it wants me to enter something in the cell) and when I right-click on
the range the system acts normal (it pops open a menu box.)

Vasant, what am I doing wrong?

Tofer

"ToferKing" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do you have macros enabled? To enable:
Tools Macro Security Security Level tab Medium or Low option.

I have it working fine except I think the logic is reversed. I believe the
blank cells should be hidden instead of those with the letter "P". I think
you would want to toggle the row hidden status instead of just hiding them.
Also, I would go with Marlett font using lower case "a", say font size 10
with vertical and horizontal alignment set to Center.

Greg