Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ToferKing ToferKing is offline

Default Click on a cell to get a check mark then...

Yes, that is acceptable.

Also, while I was driving home, it occured to me that I could place a check
mark object in the cell and have them click that object on and off.

So that means that I need a VB code to hide the rows where the check mark
object is not checked.

Tofer

"Vasant Nanavati" wrote:

You will need a double-click or a right-click. Is that acceptable?

"ToferKing" wrote in message
I need to attach some Visual Basic code to a group of cells so the
following
will happen.

The group of cells is going to be named ClickRange. In this example, I
will
say the range corresponds to cells B3 through B8.

When a user left-clicks on B3 or B4 or B5, etc. I would like a check mark
appear. (I am thinking that I need to format those cells to Wingdings2
and
when a capital P is typed in them, a check mark will show up.)

If a check mark already exists in the cell, I want the left-click to turn
the check mark off. (I am thinking that the cell.value is deleted.)

Then after the selection process is made by checking the cells on or off,
want to have the user click on a button at the top of the page that will
hide
all the rows that do not have a check mark.

Can you guys help me out here?

Thanks,

Tofer