Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Replacing a date in date format.

I am trying to replace dates for example 20 April 2006 and 2007 throughout
the workbook to June of the same years but I cannot do this using the
ordinary Replace... dialog. Have tried 30/4/2006 but that does not work (nor
does 30/4).

This is in date format. When the dates occur in text cells they replace
fine.

How can I do a find and replace for dates in date format?

Many thanks

Oz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

To explain further: I can find the date as a value, but when I click on the
Replace... button Excel cannot find the date or replace it!

Am using Mac Excel v11.3.3

On 12/7/07 12:03, in article , "Sol Apache"
wrote:

I am trying to replace dates for example 20 April 2006 and 2007 throughout
the workbook to June of the same years but I cannot do this using the
ordinary Replace... dialog. Have tried 30/4/2006 but that does not work (nor
does 30/4).

This is in date format. When the dates occur in text cells they replace
fine.

How can I do a find and replace for dates in date format?

Many thanks

Oz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I played with the Find & Replace functions. Couldn't get it to work.
Are those dates particular dates or do you want to change all dates.
Because you could add 61 days like:

B1: "=A1 + 61"

where A1 is the cell with the date to be changed. ('B1:' is de target
cell)

Bart

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bart

I only want to change dates in table headers. It would be difficult to do it
the way you have suggested.

Thx

Oz

On 12/7/07 15:03, in article