Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default sql

Hello,

I have a big excel sheet (more than 50Mb) and I need to get data out of this
big file as fast as I can. At the moment, I use the function index with
match but it's taking a lot of time.

Is there any other way thru vba or else to get the data alot more faster?

Thanks in advance.

Nader

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Since you mentioned SQL in the subject line why not use it? If your
data are in tables that is a perfectly feasible approach. For an
introduction on getting Excel (and MS Query) to do the heavy lifting,
see
Building and using a relational database in Excel (with a little help
from MS Query)
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ne...cel/index.html

In article ,
says...
Hello,

I have a big excel sheet (more than 50Mb) and I need to get data out of this
big file as fast as I can. At the moment, I use the function index with
match but it's taking a lot of time.

Is there any other way thru vba or else to get the data alot more faster?

Thanks in advance.

Nader

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If the workbook is fairly static, it might be better to open the workbook and
pull the data either through code or with formulas (and then replace the
formulas with the values returned). I will often leave a linking formula
like this in row 2 of a Table and replace the other formulas with their
values. Then when it is time to update, I double click on square block on
the lower right edge of that cell with the formula when it is selected and
this fills the formula down. Then again, replace these with values).

Tom Ogilvy