Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default File constantly defaulting to previous version of Word Object Libary

Hi,
I referenced the Word Object Libary on my machine for some Word VBA
code I was using in some files.

When other people in my department use the files, they have a previous
version (10.0) of word, so the one I was using (11.0) is obviously
missing. I can fix it by selecting version 10.0 from their machine,
no problem.

The problem is that I have to re-reference the previous version of
Word on their machine every time they open one of the files. I'm
thinking it may have something to do with the fact I have a script on
my machine which opens the files overnight, and updates and saves
them.

Is there any way I can avoid having to reference the Object Libarys
each time? (without installing the new version of Word).

Cheers
Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You should write your code on a machine using the oldest version
of Word that is in use. The references will then automatically adjust
when used on other machines.

-or-

Use "late binding"...
Dim objWord as Object
Set objWord = CreateObject ("Word.Application")
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA