Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to return the address of a cell found via VLOOKUP?

HI. How can i return the address of a cell found via VLOOKUP?
I want to use this in combination with OFFSET to return the value of
the cell left of the looked up cell.

TIA! AdP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use MATCH() instead of VLOOKUP() to find the relative position of the cell and use the result in INDEX() to retrieve the cell to
the left

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"artisdepartis" wrote in message oups.com...
| HI. How can i return the address of a cell found via VLOOKUP?
| I want to use this in combination with OFFSET to return the value of
| the cell left of the looked up cell.
|
| TIA! AdP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Works like a charm! Bedankt :-)

On Jul 6, 11:19 am, "Niek Otten" wrote:
Use MATCH() instead of VLOOKUP() to find the relative position of the cell and use the result in INDEX() to retrieve the cell to
the left

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"artisdepartis" wrote in ooglegroups.com...

| HI. How can i return the address of a cell found via VLOOKUP?
| I want to use this in combination with OFFSET to return the value of
| the cell left of the looked up cell.
|
| TIA! AdP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Works like a charm! :-)