Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to get the address of the cell found our by vlookup

I am searching for a way to compare the prices of hotels putting the
dates of beginning and end of my holidays in two Excel cells. The Hotels have
different price during the summer like:

Jun-20/Jul-25 Jul-25/Aug-1 Aug-1/Aug-31 Aug-31/sep-30
Hotel A $ 50 $ 90 $ 150 $ 40
Jun-20/Jul-20 Jul-20/Aug-10 Aug-10/Aug-20 Aug-20/sep-15
Hotel B $ 45 $ 99 $ 140 $ 60

What are the costs from i.e. Jun-25 until Aug-10? o Jun20 to sep14?
Thank you for who will help me.

--
dilettante
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

dilettante wrote:
I am searching for a way to compare the prices of hotels putting the
dates of beginning and end of my holidays in two Excel cells. The
Hotels have different price during the summer like:

Jun-20/Jul-25 Jul-25/Aug-1 Aug-1/Aug-31 Aug-31/sep-30
Hotel A $ 50 $ 90 $ 150 $ 40
Jun-20/Jul-20 Jul-20/Aug-10 Aug-10/Aug-20 Aug-20/sep-15
Hotel B $ 45 $ 99 $ 140 $ 60

What are the costs from i.e. Jun-25 until Aug-10? o Jun20 to sep14?
Thank you for who will help me.

Hi dilettante,

You have to build two lookup table, the first for Hotel A is something like
this (it depends on if thelast day of each interval is included or not...):

20/06/2006 50
25/07/2006 90
01/08/2006 150
01/09/2006 40

while for hotel B the table should be similar to this:

20/06/2006 45
20/07/2006 99
10/08/2006 140
20/08/2006 60

sorry but the dates are in Italian style...

Then you can use VLOOKUP function to test each date of your holidays period
and then sum all rhe values. Pay attention tu use VLOOKUP with last
parameter equal to 1 or TRUE.

P.S.: because I think you are Italian, I remeber that there is also an
Italian speaking NG: microsoft.public.it.office.excel

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Caro Verga,
Il problema è più complesso (1molti hotels) e con una serie di HLookup , If,
etc. ho messo giÃ* insime un atabellama cercavo qualcosa di più sofisticato.
Grazie dell'attenzione dedicata.
Cordialmente
--
dilettante

"Franz Verga" wrote:

dilettante wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

dilettante wrote:
Caro Verga,
Il problema è più complesso (1molti hotels) e con una serie di
HLookup , If, etc. ho messo già insime un atabellama cercavo qualcosa
di più sofisticato. Grazie dell'attenzione dedicata.
Cordialmente

1) Because this is an English speaking newsgroup, I think it's better to use
English here. If you like, there's also a very good Italian speaking
newsgroup:

microsoft.public.it.office.excel

2) What you mean with "a more sophisticated solution"? Maybe if you could
upload an example file to www.savefile.com or www.rapidshare.de, so we can
see what your solution is and try to find an alternative "more
sophisticated" one...