Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can't create macro - Excel 2007

I have the trial version loaded on my computer. I have enabled the Developer
tab on the ribbon. When I go to the code section and press "Record Macro",
which is shown in color (indicating enabling), it pops up the "Record Macro"
screen. Any macro name you choose gets the error message, "The name you
entered is not valid". None of the error causes are true, as the name is
composed solely of letters with no space and the names I tried were varied,
so the possiblility of that name being used is impossible.

What's happening?