Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Count series in chart

Hello

Can anyone tell me how to count (in vba) the series in a chart?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"SeriesCollection" object in help covers that.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"kaiser"
wrote in message
Hello
Can anyone tell me how to count (in vba) the series in a chart?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

San Francisco, USAhttp://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware

wrote in message

Hello
Can anyone tell me how tocount(in vba) theseriesin achart?

I saw that but I am having troubles getting it to work.

i = Worksheets("Data").ChartObjects("Chart 3").SeriesCollection.Count

should work as far as I understand but it doesnt. note that the chart
is imbedded in a sheet and not in its own sheet.

Any thoughts?

I get "Unable to get ChartsObject property of the Worksheet Class"

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

You are missing a level in the object reference.

i = Worksheets("Data").ChartObjects("Chart 3").CHART.SeriesCollection.Count

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"kaiser" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote in message

Hello
Can anyone tell me how tocount(in vba) theseriesin achart?

I saw that but I am having troubles getting it to work.

i = Worksheets("Data").ChartObjects("Chart 3").SeriesCollection.Count

should work as far as I understand but it doesnt. note that the chart
is imbedded in a sheet and not in its own sheet.

Any thoughts?

I get "Unable to get ChartsObject property of the Worksheet Class"

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wrote in message

Hello
Can anyone tell me how tocount(in vba) theseriesin achart?

I saw that but I am having troubles getting it to work.

i = Worksheets("Data").ChartObjects("Chart3").SeriesCo llection.Count

should work as far as I understand but it doesnt. note that thechart
is imbedded in a sheet and not in its own sheet.

Any thoughts?

I get "Unable to get ChartsObject property of the Worksheet Class"

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Thanks - works