Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default cell.find not working

Hi

For some reason my code is returning the foundcell as true all the time even
though the data is not there. If I do a manual find then it comes back as not
found but with the code it comes back as found which is not correct.

Below is the code I have, if anyone can give me some info on what to do to
fix this probelm.

stVoucherID = Application.Range("A" & dbnum).Value
Sheets(2).Select
Application.Range("F1").Select
Set foundcell = Cells.Find(What:=stVoucherID, After:=ActiveCell,
LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt _
:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext,
MatchCase:= _
True)
If foundcell Is Nothing Then
Sheets(3).Select
Application.Range("a1").Select
End if

Thanks
Noemi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Nick
StVoucherID is set as a string and stores numbers a text.

However I worked out my problem, I need to add ActiveSheet before the
Cells.Find as I am working over multiple sheets.

thanks for your help anyway.

Noemi

"Noemi" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

this works for me if i'm looking for the word test on sheet2. no need to select
the sheet

Sub test()

stVoucherID = "test" 'Application.Range("A" & dbnum).Value
With Sheets(2)
Set foundcell = .Cells.Find(What:=stVoucherID, LookIn:=xlValues, _
LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext,
_
MatchCase:=True)
End With
If foundcell Is Nothing Then