Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Tom is offline

Default Find Next is not working for me.......

I am trying to build a userform that allows a user to enter a search
string and click a button I have named "Find". This works fine. I
have created a second button on the user form and have titled it "Find
Next". I want the user to be able to click this button and search for
a second occurrence of the original string. I have looked at numerous
examples of the FindNext method and have noticed that they are all in
the same subroutine. I am trying to have two separate buttons with
their own subroutines. I am not having any luck making this work.
Help......

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the grander shceme of things you are not really doing a find next. You are
just doing a find looking after the instance you have just found. Your find
next code should just use the find function and specify the cell that you
have just found as the starting point for your next seach...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Tom" wrote:

I am trying to build a userform that allows a user to enter a search
string and click a button I have named "Find". This works fine. I
have created a second button on the user form and have titled it "Find
Next". I want the user to be able to click this button and search for
a second occurrence of the original string. I have looked at numerous
examples of the FindNext method and have noticed that they are all in
the same subroutine. I am trying to have two separate buttons with
their own subroutines. I am not having any luck making this work.
Help......

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry to be exact you should specify the cell immediately after the one you
just found as the starting point, not the cell you just found... Assuming
that you are selecting the cell then it would be
LookAfter:=activecell.offset(1,0) or something similar depending on whether
you are looking up or down or by rows or by columns...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson