Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Print Preview XL2007 still not working properly

I am using VBA userforms to control/view data input into XL2007 workbook. The
front-end consists of a start-up macro that launches fmMain_Menu and that
form contains various command buttons. Each command button simply shows
another form - e.g. fmReport_Client. The latter contains a combo box (to
select which client), some tick boxes and an OK and a CANCEL command button.
The OK button runs code which formats the report (for the selected client)
and then previews the report. Here's the issue ... If I run the app from
start-up, then the menu-bar within the PrintPreview screen is disabled -- all
the user can do is click the mouse to zoom in/out and click X to close the
preview. Hod do I force the standard menu-bar to be enabled so tha the user
can Print the report? When working in development mode - i.e from VBA - the
menu-bar is always enabled whether I simply test-run the fmReport_Client
userform direct or whether I test-run fmMain_Menu and click the Report
button. I have tried playing with ScreenUpdating True -- doesn't help. (By
the way, do NOT try False as you then get a solid system!) According to the
online help, I should be able to write "[work]sheets("...").PrintPreview
True" to enable the menu buttons - this has no effect! Looks like I am going
to have to create a dialog with the user asking them if they would like to
print the report after they have previewed it.
--
Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hard to fix a problem you can't reproduce. What are the simplified steps to
recreate it? Maybe you could attach a simplified example.

--
Jim