Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Linked Tables Dilema using Excel 2000

Hi,

Excel 2000 Access 2000

Not sure if this should be the Access forum but all my code is written
using Excel VBA

I have 6 linked dbf tables to MS Access on a server which are
automatically updated each day

Queries are written in Access and Excel is used to extract data
depending on the users selection, this works fine when using the raw
dbf files, however there are occasions when the user has to do a
what-
if scenario and the dbf files are copied via my Excel program to the
users local C:\My
Documents folder where they can make changes to the dbf file also
using my
Excel program as the files on the server have to remain unchanged.

When running from the local drive I have to manually copy the mdb
file
and change the links from the server path to C:\My Documents

If I knew how to change the linked path by code then everything would
be
automated including the copying of the ndb database.

Does anyone have a sample on how I can do this using VBA code in
Excel

TIA

Raymond Allan