Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default sending emails using thunderbird as email client

Hello there,

I need to send emails from Excel VBA (Excel 2003) but I have thunderbird as
my email application instead of outlook.

Objective is "On certain conditions prepare a text email and send it to a
user group"

How do I accomplish this?

Thanks,

Nayan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Nayan

Very dependant on whether Thunderbird exposes its Object module or not.
Both Outlook or Lotus Notes expose their Object models, and what you are
requesting is reletively easy via vba

Not being Familiar at all with Thunderbird, I cannot say this will be possible

"Nayan" wrote:

Hello there,

I need to send emails from Excel VBA (Excel 2003) but I have thunderbird as
my email application instead of outlook.

Objective is "On certain conditions prepare a text email and send it to a
user group"

How do I accomplish this?

Thanks,

Nayan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Never used thunderbird but you can use CDO maybe
http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm