Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jez Jez is offline

Default Saved Web Page into Excel

I have a database system at work that only allows the printing of a report
query or saving as a web page. I need to be able to add this data into other
things. So if I save the report as a web page, how can I import that into
excel?

I am looking for some vba code that would import the web page onto a
specific worksheet and this would enable me to take data from it and produce
my own report.

Jez

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

(manually) if you save it as a text file, instead of html, then you
can copy it into excel & put in columns using text-to-columns
(delimiters).

don't know how/if you'd automate the saving of the web page in text
format, because you'd have to leave excel & activate internet explorer
to save the web page, and once you leave excel the macro cannot
control windows & put the focus back on excel.
hth
susan

On Jun 22, 5:52 am, Jez wrote:
I have a database system at work that only allows the printing of a report
query or saving as a web page. I need to be able to add this data into other
things. So if I save the report as a web page, how can I import that into
excel?

I am looking for some vba code that would import the web page onto a
specific worksheet and this would enable me to take data from it and produce
my own report.

Jez

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assuming the file is .htm or .html