Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default send to command/ e-mail and attachments

A mind bending question for all of you.

I have a list of company names and account numbers. Each week I must send
them a 'terms file' this is a .tmf or .dsc file (our own suffixes) what I
would like is to use send to or VB to create a button per company that does
the following;

Opens a new e-mail (outlook 2007)
Enters there e-mail or e-mail's
Enters a subject
Enters a body of text
Attaches the tmf or dsc from a folder to the e-mail.

I can do all but the last step using the send to command in excel, but with
the recent upgrade to MS office 2007 and my lack of VB skills I was wondering
if the attaching could be done automatically.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try the following link

http://www.excelkb.com/article.aspx?...3&cNode=5V1C8G

may need to be adapted in your instance, but will give you a basic idea

HTH

"ecommatt" wrote:

A mind bending question for all of you.

I have a list of company names and account numbers. Each week I must send
them a 'terms file' this is a .tmf or .dsc file (our own suffixes) what I
would like is to use send to or VB to create a button per company that does
the following;

Opens a new e-mail (outlook 2007)
Enters there e-mail or e-mail's
Enters a subject
Enters a body of text
Attaches the tmf or dsc from a folder to the e-mail.

I can do all but the last step using the send to command in excel, but with
the recent upgrade to MS office 2007 and my lack of VB skills I was wondering
if the attaching could be done automatically.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this one
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder2/files.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"ecommatt" wrote in message ...
A mind bending question for all of you.

I have a list of company names and account numbers. Each week I must send
them a 'terms file' this is a .tmf or .dsc file (our own suffixes) what I
would like is to use send to or VB to create a button per company that does
the following;

Opens a new e-mail (outlook 2007)
Enters there e-mail or e-mail's
Enters a subject
Enters a body of text
Attaches the tmf or dsc from a folder to the e-mail.

I can do all but the last step using the send to command in excel, but with
the recent upgrade to MS office 2007 and my lack of VB skills I was wondering
if the attaching could be done automatically.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wow, thanks ron. this is a good start, i will edit a bit of it and try it
out. i would like to adapt this to run (please note i would like to keep the
first row clear for headings, this is why i am using X2 as an eg)

A2 - displays name
B2 - Account number
C2 - e-mail address
D2 - CC address
E2 - attachment 1
F2 - attachment 2
G2 - attachment 3

and i would like to set up macros for each row, as these are ready at
different times of the day.

the last thing, VERY LAST THING, i would like to make this in to buttons to
but at the end of the info (the button would cover cell H2 in the eg's case)
i know how to do this but is there any way of getting excell to display the
last time this was used (say cell I2 shows last use time and date) i know
this is probablty not possible but any help would be great!