Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Breaking the data of column A into two columns First Name & Last name.

Hi,

I have a database of 5000 Names in Column A. e.g. A1:A5000, e.g.

Murali Baggam
Akash Maheshwari
Diya Kathuriya
Rajiv Kumar Taparia
Sunita Kumari Iyar Rani

I want to break the data of column A into two columns First Name &
Last name with the help of a macro.

Awaiting for the help from ur side.

Thanks

Akash

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=Split(A:A, " ")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry I am not able to find the Split function in excel 2003.

More over i want a new column for every word after a space

Suppose in Cell A1 i have a name like:Sunita Kumari Iyar Rani

So I want Sunita in cell B1
So I want Kumari in cell C1
So I want Iyar in cell D1
So I want Rani in cell E1

This is the main Requirement. And I wanted to do the same with the
help of macros.

how this can be done.

Thanks

Akash

On Jun 16, 3:40 pm, NOPIK wrote:
=Split(A:A, " ")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Insert a few columns to the right of column A (to hold those parsed values).

Then select your range
data|text to columns
delimited (by space)
and finish up

If you really need a macro, you can record one when you do it manually.

Akash wrote:

Sorry I am not able to find the Split function in excel 2003.

More over i want a new column for every word after a space

Suppose in Cell A1 i have a name like:Sunita Kumari Iyar Rani

So I want Sunita in cell B1
So I want Kumari in cell C1
So I want Iyar in cell D1
So I want Rani in cell E1

This is the main Requirement. And I wanted to do the same with the
help of macros.

how this can be done.

Thanks

Akash

On Jun 16, 3:40 pm, NOPIK wrote:
=Split(A:A, " ")

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Akash wrote:

Sorry I am not able to find the Split function in excel 2003.

More over i want a new column for every word after a space

Suppose in Cell A1 i have a name like:Sunita Kumari Iyar Rani

So I want Sunita in cell B1
So I want Kumari in cell C1
So I want Iyar in cell D1
So I want Rani in cell E1

This is the main Requirement. And I wanted to do the same with the
help of macros.

how this can be done.

Thanks

Akash

On Jun 16, 3:40 pm, NOPIK wrote:
=Split(A:A, " ")

--

Dave Peterson- Hide quoted text -

thanks a tonn for helping me....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Breaking the data of column A into two columns First Name & La

Hi,

NOPIK is playing with you! There is no such function is Excel, not even in
2007.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"NOPIK" wrote: