Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default stringed userforms won't hide

I have about 15 userforms stringed together. On these userforms are various
combo boxes, text boxes, options buttons, text boxes etc. Each has a
"continue" button and a "back" button. If the "continue" button is clicked,
then the values from all the boxes and buttons are transferred to a sheet.

The last 3 lines of code a

application. screenupdating = true
userform"next".show
userform"current".hide

When the next userform activates, the last line of vba in the activate
procedure is:

application.screenupdating= false.

The back button has similar code as well.

Again, these userforms are all stringed together.

About half way through, the userforms stop hiding. I have pulled my hair
out but can't resolve this?????

--
Thanks
Shawn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have tried that as well as "unload" instead of hide.

--
Thanks
Shawn

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Try the hide before the show.

--
HTH

Bob

"Shawn" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you using Me.Show and Me.Hide? Are you opening modal or modeless?

--
HTH

Bob

"Shawn" wrote in message
I have tried that as well as "unload" instead of hide.

--
Thanks
Shawn

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Try the hide before the show.

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Shawn" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am not using Me.Show or Me.Hide.

I don't know the difference between modal and modeless.

--
Thanks
Shawn

"Shawn" wrote in message
I have tried that as well as "unload" instead of hide.

--
Thanks
Shawn

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Try the hide before the show.

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Shawn" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I found my problem and resolved it, though I don't understand what the real
problem was.

All the sheets in my file are hidden save one. In the activate procedure of
userform 5 there was a line of code that "sheet.active" a hidden sheet. I
didn't need that line of code, so when I removed it, the issue went away.

--
Thanks
Shawn

"Shawn" wrote in message
I have tried that as well as "unload" instead of hide.

--
Thanks
Shawn

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Try the hide before the show.

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Shawn" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

15 userforms is an awful lot! could you consolidate them into, say,
3, using multipages?
would be easier to figure out where problems are. just a design
comment.
:)
susan

"Shawn" wrote in message
I have tried that as well as "unload" instead of hide.

--
Thanks
Shawn

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]