Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
LDB LDB is offline

Default ADODB over HTTP?

Hi,

I've currently got an ADODB connection to a CSV file on a fileserver
working over TCP-IP. My VBA looks something like this:

fname = "\\fileserver\directory\file.csv"

With resultLocation.Worksheet.QueryTables.Add(Connectio n:="TEXT;" &
fname, Destination:=resultLocation)
.attributes = blah
End With

However, the production of our CSV files is now automated as a cron
job on an AIX box and the only feasible way to access them (between
platforms) is accross HTTP. Can I get excel to easily connect over
this protocol, i.e. making my string filename string more like:

fname = "http://internal.server/directory/file.csv"

My first attempts have failed miserably - is this idea going
anywhere?

Thanks,
Louis

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
LDB LDB is offline

On 15 Jun, 05:01, "NickHK" wrote:
What about using a web query ?

NickHK

"LDB" wrote in message

[...]

Nick,

I've tried using a web query (i.e. connection:="URL;...") but then it
doesn't split the file by the delimitation character specified! It
ends up dumping the whole line (e.g. 234,34545,4444) in one cell...

Any thoughts??

Louis

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Apply dataText To Columns after.