Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
LDB LDB is offline

Default ADODB over HTTP?

Hi,

I've currently got an ADODB connection to a CSV file on a fileserver
working over TCP-IP. My VBA looks something like this:

fname = "\\fileserver\directory\file.csv"

With resultLocation.Worksheet.QueryTables.Add(Connectio n:="TEXT;" &
fname, Destination:=resultLocation)
.attributes = blah
End With

However, the production of our CSV files is now automated as a cron
job on an AIX box and the only feasible way to access them (between
platforms) is accross HTTP. Can I get excel to easily connect over
this protocol, i.e. making my string filename string more like:

fname = "http://internal.server/directory/file.csv"

My first attempts have failed miserably - is this idea going
anywhere?

Thanks,
Louis