Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy active sheet to new - do no copy buttons

I use the following code to copy the active sheet to a new workbook and
attach the file to an email.

Problem: How can I prevent the command buttons from being copied into the
new sheet. Can anyone help me out?

Sub Mail_ActiveSheet()
'Working in 97-2007
Dim FileExtStr As String
Dim FileFormatNum As Long
Dim Sourcewb As Workbook
Dim Destwb As Workbook
Dim TempFilePath As String
Dim TempFileName As String

With Application
.ScreenUpdating = False
.EnableEvents = False
End With

Set Sourcewb = ActiveWorkbook

'Copy the sheet to a new workbook
ActiveSheet.Copy
Set Destwb = ActiveWorkbook

'Determine the Excel version and file extension/format
With Destwb
If Val(Application.Version) < 12 Then
'You use Excel 97-2003
FileExtStr = ".xls": FileFormatNum = -4143
Else
'You use Excel 2007
'We exit the sub when your answer is NO in the security dialog
that you only
'see when you copy a sheet from a xlsm file with macro's
disabled.
If Sourcewb.Name = .Name Then
With Application
.ScreenUpdating = True
.EnableEvents = True
End With
MsgBox "Your answer is NO in the security dialog"
Exit Sub
Else
Select Case Sourcewb.FileFormat
Case 51: FileExtStr = ".xlsx": FileFormatNum = 51
Case 52:
If .HasVBProject Then
FileExtStr = ".xlsm": FileFormatNum = 52
Else
FileExtStr = ".xlsx": FileFormatNum = 51
End If
Case 56: FileExtStr = ".xls": FileFormatNum = 56
Case Else: FileExtStr = ".xlsb": FileFormatNum = 50
End Select
End With

'Save the new workbook/Mail it/Delete it
TempFilePath = Environ$("temp") & "\"
' TempFileName = "Part of " & Sourcewb.Name & " " & Format(Now,
"dd-mmm-yy h-mm-ss")
TempFileName = "Report from " & Sourcewb.Name & " " & Format(Now,
"dd-mmm-yy h-mm-ss")

With Destwb
.SaveAs TempFilePath & TempFileName & FileExtStr,
FileFormat:=FileFormatNum
On Error Resume Next
.SendMail "", _
"Sample Tracking Reports"
On Error GoTo 0
.Close SaveChanges:=False
End With

'Delete the file you have send
Kill TempFilePath & TempFileName & FileExtStr

With Application
.ScreenUpdating = True
.EnableEvents = True
End With

Carlee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The easiest course of action would be to delete the copied CommandButtons

For Code see
http://www.rondebruin.nl/controlsobjectsworksheet.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin