Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default saveas and excel template

I've created an excel template and now want to propose the filename as
a combination of different cell values.
I used the Sub SaveAs() in word and it worked perfectly. Now in excel
it's not working.

This is what I used in my latest attempt (found on one of the groups):

Sub filesaveas()

mname = Range("b6").Value
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show (mname)

End Sub

It works if I run it from the VBA editor, but as soon as I'm back to
my template, it's not working.
I'm using Excel 2003.

Any help appreciated