Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using custom template with Excel.Workbook.SaveAs

Hi All
I've created an Excel template and saved it as a template file (.xlt).
In my VBA application, I need to create an Excel workbook, with the
template that I've already created. I'm new to VBA, and I just cant get
this thing done. I think I'm supposed to use Excel.Workbook.SaveAs
method and specify the FileFormat as the template that I want to use.
All over the net, all the samples that I see have the FileFormat set to
"xlNormal". What is this xlNormal thing? And how can I specify my
template file here? Is there any good documentation on VBA application
programming? I just cant seem to find any.

TIA
Suchir.

Problem with macros in custom excel template return2300 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 February 20th 08 11:13 PM
custom form in Excel Template - ??? cbroomas Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 January 30th 07 03:32 PM
Saveas on Template retains existing name! Brent Fidler Excel Programming 0 May 21st 04 10:00 PM
Workbook.SaveAs Paul Excel Programming 2 August 25th 03 08:12 PM
Error Excel: 1004 SaveAs method of Workbook class failed sebastien Excel Programming 0 August 13th 03 09:59 AM