Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jac Jac is offline

Default How to protect recorded macro(s) from being edited by other????

hi,

I would like to protect those created macros in my MS Excel file so that
other can't modify them as described below:-

when one goes to Tools Macro Macros.....; after he selected a particular
macro, once he clicked on the Edit button, a dialog box will pop-up to ask
for password. Only those who could enter a valid passward would be allowed to
go to the Visual Basic Editor to do the modification.

Can the macros being protected in such a way mentioned above???
Anyone out there has any ideal how to do it???
Please advise......................

Thanking in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Go to

Tools Macro Visual Basic Editor

To the left you'll see the project explorer. Click on the workbook that you
want to protect the code.

Right click on the workbook and go to VBAProject Properties...

Then go to Protection tab and click the locked for viewing and then enter
your password.

"Jac" wrote:

hi,

I would like to protect those created macros in my MS Excel file so that
other can't modify them as described below:-

when one goes to Tools Macro Macros.....; after he selected a particular
macro, once he clicked on the Edit button, a dialog box will pop-up to ask
for password. Only those who could enter a valid passward would be allowed to
go to the Visual Basic Editor to do the modification.

Can the macros being protected in such a way mentioned above???
Anyone out there has any ideal how to do it???
Please advise......................

Thanking in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jac

With your workbook open.

Alt + F11, CTRL + r

Right-click on your workbook/project and "Properties"

Select "Protection" tab and "lock project for viewing".

Enter a password.

Note: workbook must be saved/closed and re-opened before the locking takes
effect.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP