Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Comparing two columns with email addresses

Hello,

I am trying to compare two columns that contain email addresses. The
goal is to identify email addresses that exist in both columns. I
tried VLOOKUP, and Countif functions but I can't get them to return
any results. I also did a copy and paste special (multiply) to make
sure the formatting in both columns is the same.

Column A has email addresses of people who read the email (total 168)
I sent out, and Column C has all the email addresses (total 1938) it
was sent to.

Can anyone please help?

Thank you!
Sandeep

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Sandeep,

See Chip Pearson at:

Extracting Values Common To Two Lists
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...tingDuplicates

---
Regards,
Norman

wrote in message
ps.com...
Hello,

I am trying to compare two columns that contain email addresses. The
goal is to identify email addresses that exist in both columns. I
tried VLOOKUP, and Countif functions but I can't get them to return
any results. I also did a copy and paste special (multiply) to make
sure the formatting in both columns is the same.

Column A has email addresses of people who read the email (total 168)
I sent out, and Column C has all the email addresses (total 1938) it
was sent to.

Can anyone please help?

Thank you!
Sandeep

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assume the first list is in column A and the second in column B. In column C
(c1)

=if(countif(A:A,B1)0,"<===","")

then drag fill down.

you can also try

=if(countif(A:A,"*"&trim(B1)&"*")0,"<===","")

which may be more robust.

Tom Ogilvy