Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default copying a row to new worksheet

I've copied some information - actually filtered data - from a source
worksheet (src or "ACTIVE"). Below I write that to a newly created
destination worksheet (dst).

Afterwards I need to copy a row with header information from src to dst.
However when I to this, Row 2 in dst disappears. (dst appear with row 1 and
then row 3.) What am I doing wrong?

Set dst_sheet = Worksheets.Add
ActiveSheet.Paste
Selection.Columns.AutoFit

dst_sheet.Activate
Range("a2").Select
Selection.EntireRow.Insert

Sheets("ACTIVE").Range("a2").EntireRow.Copy
dst_sheet.Paste Destination:=dst_sheet.Cells(2, 1)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

try changing

Sheets("ACTIVE").Range("a2").EntireRow.Copy
dst_sheet.Paste Destination:=dst_sheet.Cells(2, 1)

Sheets("ACTIVE").Range("a2").EntireRow.Copy _
Destination:=dst_sheet.rows(2)

Tom Ogilvy

"David Gerstman" wrote:

I've copied some information - actually filtered data - from a source
worksheet (src or "ACTIVE"). Below I write that to a newly created
destination worksheet (dst).

Afterwards I need to copy a row with header information from src to dst.
However when I to this, Row 2 in dst disappears. (dst appear with row 1 and
then row 3.) What am I doing wrong?

Set dst_sheet = Worksheets.Add
ActiveSheet.Paste
Selection.Columns.AutoFit

dst_sheet.Activate
Range("a2").Select
Selection.EntireRow.Insert

Sheets("ACTIVE").Range("a2").EntireRow.Copy
dst_sheet.Paste Destination:=dst_sheet.Cells(2, 1)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On the destination sheet,
You select A2 and insert a row.

that leaves the previously copied data in row 1 still in row1 and the other
data that was in rows 2 and down is now in rows 3 and down.

the code then copies whatever is in row 2 of a sheet named "Active" to row2
of the destination sheet.

In that context,
I guess you would have to explain what you mean by disappears.

Tom Ogilvy

"David Gerstman" wrote:

Thank you but the same thing happens.

David

try changing

"David Gerstman" wrote:

I've copied some information - actually filtered data - from a source
worksheet (src or "ACTIVE"). Below I write that to a newly created
destination worksheet (dst).

Afterwards I need to copy a row with header information from src to dst.
However when I to this, Row 2 in dst disappears. (dst appear with row 1 and
then row 3.) What am I doing wrong?

Set dst_sheet = Worksheets.Add
ActiveSheet.Paste
Selection.Columns.AutoFit

dst_sheet.Activate
Range("a2").Select
Selection.EntireRow.Insert

Sheets("ACTIVE").Range("a2").EntireRow.Copy
dst_sheet.Paste Destination:=dst_sheet.Cells(2, 1)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Row 2, the empty row, appears to have been deleted. Normally the rows beneath
would have been renamed 2..., but that didn't happen here.

There's Row1 with the info copied there. And rows 3+ with the info copied
there. And the empty row 2 is nowhere to be found.

David

"David Gerstman" wrote:

Thank you but the same thing happens.

David

try changing

"David Gerstman" wrote:

I've copied some information - actually filtered data - from a source
worksheet (src or "ACTIVE"). Below I write that to a newly created
destination worksheet (dst).

Afterwards I need to copy a row with header information from src to dst.
However when I to this, Row 2 in dst disappears. (dst appear with row 1 and
then row 3.) What am I doing wrong?

Set dst_sheet = Worksheets.Add
ActiveSheet.Paste
Selection.Columns.AutoFit

dst_sheet.Activate
Range("a2").Select
Selection.EntireRow.Insert

Sheets("ACTIVE").Range("a2").EntireRow.Copy
dst_sheet.Paste Destination:=dst_sheet.Cells(2, 1)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I ran your code and it worked exactly as I expected it to:

Sub eee()
Worksheets("Active").Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Cop y
Set dst_sheet = Worksheets.Add
ActiveSheet.Paste
Selection.Columns.AutoFit

dst_sheet.Activate
Range("a2").Select
Selection.EntireRow.Insert

Sheets("ACTIVE").Range("a2").EntireRow.Copy
dst_sheet.Paste Destination:=dst_sheet.Cells(2, 1)

End Sub

So I can't say what might be causing you to get results you don't expect.

Tom Ogilvy

"David Gerstman" wrote:

Thank you but the same thing happens.

David

try changing

"David Gerstman" wrote:

I've copied some information - actually filtered data - from a source
worksheet (src or "ACTIVE"). Below I write that to a newly created
destination worksheet (dst).

Afterwards I need to copy a row with header information from src to dst.
However when I to this, Row 2 in dst disappears. (dst appear with row 1 and
then row 3.) What am I doing wrong?

Set dst_sheet = Worksheets.Add
ActiveSheet.Paste
Selection.Columns.AutoFit

dst_sheet.Activate
Range("a2").Select
Selection.EntireRow.Insert

Sheets("ACTIVE").Range("a2").EntireRow.Copy
dst_sheet.Paste Destination:=dst_sheet.Cells(2, 1)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You've helped me narrow down my problem

I have a column of contacts and do an autofilter on the results to determine
who gets the information. What I have to do is turn off the autofilter before
selecting the lines from the source that need to be copied to dst.

David

"David Gerstman" wrote:

Thank you but the same thing happens.

David

try changing

"David Gerstman" wrote:

I've copied some information - actually filtered data - from a source
worksheet (src or "ACTIVE"). Below I write that to a newly created
destination worksheet (dst).

Afterwards I need to copy a row with header information from src to dst.
However when I to this, Row 2 in dst disappears. (dst appear with row 1 and
then row 3.) What am I doing wrong?

Set dst_sheet = Worksheets.Add
ActiveSheet.Paste
Selection.Columns.AutoFit

dst_sheet.Activate
Range("a2").Select
Selection.EntireRow.Insert

Sheets("ACTIVE").Range("a2").EntireRow.Copy
dst_sheet.Paste Destination:=dst_sheet.Cells(2, 1)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Again, thank you for this response.

You confirmed that I pasted correctly. That meant that I copied wrong. I've
now been able to isolate what was wrong. (Something that's been bothering for
weeks!) I've fixed the copying problem (by canceling autofilter) and the
macro now works correctly.

David

"David Gerstman" wrote:

Thank you but the same thing happens.