Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default large DBF file

Hi All,

I have a DBF file with more than 65535 records. I'd like to read it with
XL2003. I know that XL2003 reads only the first 65535 records when opening
the file. My question is that is there any way via VBA to access records over
65535, e.g. into another sheet?

Thanks,
Stefi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Mike, I had a look at the site, but it deals only with TXT or CSV
files. My goal is to import a DBF file purely via VBA tools, without the need
of previously converting it in a separate session.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Mike H€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

"Stefi" wrote:

Hi All,

I have a DBF file with more than 65535 records. I'd like to read it with
XL2003. I know that XL2003 reads only the first 65535 records when opening
the file. My question is that is there any way via VBA to access records over
65535, e.g. into another sheet?

Thanks,
Stefi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe with ADO

Regards
JY

"Stefi" wrote in message
Thanks Mike, I had a look at the site, but it deals only with TXT or CSV
files. My goal is to import a DBF file purely via VBA tools, without the
need
of previously converting it in a separate session.

Regards,
Stefi

"Mike H" ezt ķrta:

"Stefi" wrote:

Hi All,

I have a DBF file with more than 65535 records. I'd like to read it
with
XL2003. I know that XL2003 reads only the first 65535 records when
opening
the file. My question is that is there any way via VBA to access
records over
65535, e.g. into another sheet?

Thanks,
Stefi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Stefi,

Is this a one-time operation or will you do it on a regular basis? You could
try importing/linking the table in Access and then using queries to separate
the table into more manageable chunks.

--
Cindy Winegarden

VFP OLE DB: