Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default auto-hide & Auto-fit rows?

I've tried a couple macro's I've seen online, but I can't seem to make a
macro work to hide lines on my worksheet.

I've got a quote worksheet with rows 13:130 available for quoting.

In column A is where the quantity gets filled in automatically from a
previous tab via a macro.

I'd like this worksheet to automatically hid the any rows on this tab that
do not have a quantity in column A.

Also, I've got my worksheet o "Auto-fit" the rows in this worksheet and the
worksheet that feeds information into it via a Macro to "Auto-Fit" rows to
the description of the product, however it doesn't happen. Any idea what I
should do here?

Many thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nango, see if any of this works and Ill try to explain myself as I go along.

Sub HideRows()
Range("A13").Activate

Do Until ActiveCell.Rows.Count = 130

If IsEmpty(ActiveCell) Then
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True
ActiveCell.Offset(1,0).Activate

Else: ActiveCell.Offset(1,0).Activate
End If
Loop

End Sub

This sub will go through rows 13-130 every time and hide any row that
doesn't have a value. If you want to hide all the cells after that... add
something like this

Range(Range("A131"),Range("A131").End(xlDown).Hidd en = True

LMK what else you need

"NANGO" wrote:

I've tried a couple macro's I've seen online, but I can't seem to make a
macro work to hide lines on my worksheet.

I've got a quote worksheet with rows 13:130 available for quoting.

In column A is where the quantity gets filled in automatically from a
previous tab via a macro.

I'd like this worksheet to automatically hid the any rows on this tab that
do not have a quantity in column A.

Also, I've got my worksheet o "Auto-fit" the rows in this worksheet and the
worksheet that feeds information into it via a Macro to "Auto-Fit" rows to
the description of the product, however it doesn't happen. Any idea what I
should do here?

Many thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Alright change this line

Do Until ActiveCell.Rows.Count = 130

Do Until ActiveCell.Address = "$A$131"

Sorry

"NANGO" wrote:

I've tried a couple macro's I've seen online, but I can't seem to make a
macro work to hide lines on my worksheet.

I've got a quote worksheet with rows 13:130 available for quoting.

In column A is where the quantity gets filled in automatically from a
previous tab via a macro.

I'd like this worksheet to automatically hid the any rows on this tab that
do not have a quantity in column A.

Also, I've got my worksheet o "Auto-fit" the rows in this worksheet and the
worksheet that feeds information into it via a Macro to "Auto-Fit" rows to
the description of the product, however it doesn't happen. Any idea what I
should do here?

Many thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, that makes the macro do nothing.

Sorry I'm not getting it right.

Thanks

Alright change this line

"NANGO" wrote:

I've tried a couple macro's I've seen online, but I can't seem to make a
macro work to hide lines on my worksheet.

I've got a quote worksheet with rows 13:130 available for quoting.

In column A is where the quantity gets filled in automatically from a
previous tab via a macro.

I'd like this worksheet to automatically hid the any rows on this tab that
do not have a quantity in column A.

Also, I've got my worksheet o "Auto-fit" the rows in this worksheet and the
worksheet that feeds information into it via a Macro to "Auto-Fit" rows to
the description of the product, however it doesn't happen. Any idea what I
should do here?

Many thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Alright, don't touch anything, just copy and paste this exactly as shown in
to a regular module.

Go to the VBE and go to Insert--- Module
And then paste this in to it.

Sub HideRows()

Range("A13").Activate

"NANGO" wrote:

Sorry, that makes the macro do nothing.

Sorry I'm not getting it right.

Thanks

Alright change this line

"NANGO" wrote:

I've tried a couple macro's I've seen online, but I can't seem to make a
macro work to hide lines on my worksheet.

I've got a quote worksheet with rows 13:130 available for quoting.

In column A is where the quantity gets filled in automatically from a
previous tab via a macro.

I'd like this worksheet to automatically hid the any rows on this tab that
do not have a quantity in column A.

Also, I've got my worksheet o "Auto-fit" the rows in this worksheet and the
worksheet that feeds information into it via a Macro to "Auto-Fit" rows to
the description of the product, however it doesn't happen. Any idea what I
should do here?

Many thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'll let you go for now. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Except this is
the first time I've ever tried VBE and I've never gotten even a simple macro
to work.

Sorry to take so much time.

Thank you very much for all your help.

"NANGO" wrote:

Sorry, that makes the macro do nothing.

Sorry I'm not getting it right.

Thanks

Alright change this line

"NANGO" wrote:

I've tried a couple macro's I've seen online, but I can't seem to make a
macro work to hide lines on my worksheet.

I've got a quote worksheet with rows 13:130 available for quoting.

In column A is where the quantity gets filled in automatically from a
previous tab via a macro.

I'd like this worksheet to automatically hid the any rows on this tab that
do not have a quantity in column A.

Also, I've got my worksheet o "Auto-fit" the rows in this worksheet and the
worksheet that feeds information into it via a Macro to "Auto-Fit" rows to
the description of the product, however it doesn't happen. Any idea what I
should do here?

Many thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No problem, glad to help. I'm actually in Prudhoe Bay right now working on an
oil field as a financial analyst. We work 12-15 hour days, 7 days a week...
so I have a lot of free time on my hands, lol. Have a good one.

"NANGO" wrote:

Sorry, that makes the macro do nothing.

Sorry I'm not getting it right.

Thanks

Alright change this line

"NANGO" wrote:

I've tried a couple macro's I've seen online, but I can't seem to make a
macro work to hide lines on my worksheet.

I've got a quote worksheet with rows 13:130 available for quoting.

In column A is where the quantity gets filled in automatically from a
previous tab via a macro.

I'd like this worksheet to automatically hid the any rows on this tab that
do not have a quantity in column A.

Also, I've got my worksheet o "Auto-fit" the rows in this worksheet and the
worksheet that feeds information into it via a Macro to "Auto-Fit" rows to
the description of the product, however it doesn't happen. Any idea what I
should do here?

Many thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yikes! I bet you could make my whole quote tool ten times better than it is.

"NANGO" wrote:

Sorry, that makes the macro do nothing.

Sorry I'm not getting it right.

Thanks

Alright change this line

"NANGO" wrote:

I've tried a couple macro's I've seen online, but I can't seem to make a
macro work to hide lines on my worksheet.

I've got a quote worksheet with rows 13:130 available for quoting.

In column A is where the quantity gets filled in automatically from a
previous tab via a macro.

I'd like this worksheet to automatically hid the any rows on this tab that
do not have a quantity in column A.

Also, I've got my worksheet o "Auto-fit" the rows in this worksheet and the
worksheet that feeds information into it via a Macro to "Auto-Fit" rows to
the description of the product, however it doesn't happen. Any idea what I
should do here?

Many thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just keep asking questions

"NANGO" wrote:

Sorry, that makes the macro do nothing.

Sorry I'm not getting it right.

Thanks

Alright change this line

"NANGO" wrote:

I've tried a couple macro's I've seen online, but I can't seem to make a
macro work to hide lines on my worksheet.

I've got a quote worksheet with rows 13:130 available for quoting.

In column A is where the quantity gets filled in automatically from a
previous tab via a macro.

I'd like this worksheet to automatically hid the any rows on this tab that
do not have a quantity in column A.

Also, I've got my worksheet o "Auto-fit" the rows in this worksheet and the
worksheet that feeds information into it via a Macro to "Auto-Fit" rows to
the description of the product, however it doesn't happen. Any idea what I
should do here?

Many thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'll take you up on that offer. But I better get to working on my real work
for today.

"AKphidelt" wrote:

Just keep asking questions

"NANGO" wrote: