Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Performance - autofilter vs loop

I have certain text in report header/footer that I do formatting with a
macro. I was just curious about the performance of autofilter vs looping
through the report. For smaller reports, it may not matter much. How about
for larger reports? Any preference?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have a current report with over 5000 rows... I tried looping through it and
it took fooooooorever. When I switched it to a formula and copied the formula
down to Range.End(xlDown).Row, it cut the time by about 90 times faster.

I only loop now if it's my last and best option and it's small enough to
maintain.