Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
AKphidelt AKphidelt is offline

Default Performance - autofilter vs loop

I have a current report with over 5000 rows... I tried looping through it and
it took fooooooorever. When I switched it to a formula and copied the formula
down to Range.End(xlDown).Row, it cut the time by about 90 times faster.

I only loop now if it's my last and best option and it's small enough to
maintain.

"ka2cil" wrote:

I have certain text in report header/footer that I do formatting with a
macro. I was just curious about the performance of autofilter vs looping
through the report. For smaller reports, it may not matter much. How about
for larger reports? Any preference?