Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel startup location

Is there a registry location or .ini file entry or some other way for
me to define at startup where on the screen Excel (or any other MS
product) is positioned when it starts?

Here is the prob. At my docking station, I have an external monitor,
and I also use my Laptop screen as an extention of the desktop
monitor. If I close Excel while it is in the extended portion of the
desktop, and then I leave the docking station environment, I am down
now to 1 screen. When I start Excel, It does start, but it starts
where iit was last closed which is now off of my screen and I can't
bring it back into my viewport? any ideas? I'm sure there is a way
(Other than to try to remember to close from a location that would be
within the primary viewing area when I only have one screen)?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Richard,
One way would be to start Excel from a short cut, where you have set the Run
setting to Maximised.
Right-click the shortcutPropertiesShortcut tabRun.

There does not appear to be any command line switch that you can pass to
Excel to control it position/window.

You could always put code in the Workbook_Open() event of your Personal.xls,
something like:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

With Application
If .WindowState = xlNormal Then
.Left = 0
End If
End With

End Sub

You can always get more complex with checking the monitor count, desktop
size etc if desired.
http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/core/getmonitorcount.htm
http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/core/getd...ximumwidth.htm

There may also be ways of changing the Shell and/or DDE registry values for
Excel, but you would have do some research for those, if possible at all.

NickHK

ups.com...