Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel alternate startup file location

Hi everyone,

I use Excel 2000 and Excel XP
The macro security is set at Medium in both versions so that I can choose to
run or not the macros present in the files that are opened at startup. In
Excel 2000, I do not get the message asking to run or not the macros while in
Excel 2002 (XP), I get it. Is that normal?

Another point bugs me. In both versions of Excel, the alternate file
location (Tools/Option, General tab) is the same as the Default file
location. All the files (.xlt and .xla) in this 2nd folder are opened at
startup but I do not see all of them in VBE. I only see the XLAs even though
many templates contain macros. Is that also normal?

Thank you.
--
Jac Tremblay