Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro Assistance

Hello.

I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet that has automatically updated
external data. This data is the result of customers submitting a form
requesting manufacturing of an item (each item is different and it is
a text field). Included in the data (among other things) is the item
to be manufactured (D) and the customers e-mail address (H). I'd like
to be able to notify the customer using their e-mail address in H of
the progress of the manufacturing using an automated e-mail. In other
words, our manufacturing people have to be able to open the Excel
spreadsheet and just click on a drop down box(?) to choose a automated
message (e.g. Manufacturing begun, manufacturing step 2 begun,
manufacturing complete etc). The process has to be rather easy (a big
EASY button) as several people will have to use the same process.

I know, this should be done in a on-line real database, but we don't
have the money nor really the volume. This would be easier than
clicking on the e-mail address in the spreadsheet and writing an e-
mail to each customer, which is our current way of doing it.

I've looked in various groups and on the MS tech sites without much
success. I've found similar things, but quite what I need.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! I'm not a programmer and
just have been tasked to do this...

Thanks!
Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jeffrey,

I have cobbled something together you might can use.

Send me a email address so that I can attach the worksheet.

It uses userforms and can't be posted here on the usergroups.

(Always test attachments for viruses.)

David