Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro assistance please

Hello.
I've been using Excel for a number of years but haven't had a need before
today to create my own macro. I could use some assistance please with a
macro to accomplish the following:

I have data which basically is time-tracking information for people. I need
to determine which people were working in the same time periods of the same
day.
So the time periods would be adjustable for instance from 10 minutes to an
hour.
Each line below represents a person doing some task during the day, Three
people are listed.
I hope the data below formatted correctly upon posting...

Person Shift Date Start Time Start Date End Time End
106 2 5/2/2005 14:02 5/2/2005 14:29
106 2 5/2/2005 14:29 5/2/2005 15:01
106 2 5/2/2005 15:01 5/2/2005 15:25
106 2 5/2/2005 15:25 5/2/2005 15:43
106 2 5/2/2005 15:43 5/2/2005 15:55
106 2 5/2/2005 15:55 5/2/2005 16:27
106 2 5/2/2005 16:27 5/2/2005 16:56
170 2 5/2/2005 14:20 5/2/2005 15:14
170 2 5/2/2005 15:14 5/2/2005 15:41
170 2 5/2/2005 15:41 5/2/2005 16:47
170 2 5/2/2005 16:47 5/2/2005 17:34
170 2 5/2/2005 17:34 5/2/2005 17:54
170 2 5/2/2005 17:54 5/2/2005 18:22
255 2 5/2/2005 14:09 5/2/2005 14:34
255 2 5/2/2005 14:34 5/2/2005 15:00
255 2 5/2/2005 15:00 5/2/2005 15:19
255 2 5/2/2005 15:19 5/2/2005 15:38
255 2 5/2/2005 15:38 5/2/2005 16:16
255 2 5/2/2005 16:16 5/2/2005 16:33
255 2 5/2/2005 16:33 5/2/2005 16:49

So, all three people were working from 2:00 - 2:30 on 5/2/2006 (half hour
intervals).
All three people were working from 2:00 - 3:00 (hour intervals).
Only people 106 and 255 were working from 2:00 to 2:10 (10 minute
intervals).
Etc....

Thanks,
Walter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It isn't clear what you want as a result. Will someone enter a time range
and then the macro tries to figure out who was working or do you want to
build 3 separate charts (hourly, half-hourly, 10-minuterly <g). Do you
then want three sheets for each day?

Also, if a person is working at any point during that interval are they
considered to have worked then or do they have to have worked the whole
period.

Since you don't seem to be attracting much interest on this one, perhaps you
can contact me at with some specifics and a sample file.

Tom Ogilvy