Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Mask date format

Hi there,

I am trying to find a way to "mask" a date field so the user cannot change
the format of the column, or enter any other format other than as I specify.
I want the field to appear as _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ and if the user does not
enter dd/mmm/yyyy it will either not accept when they are typing or prompt
"invalid date format" upon leaving the field.

Thanks,

JJ
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JNW JNW is offline

You'll want to use Data Validation (no code needed). Select from the drop
down to allow any date, then format the cells how you want. You'll need to
protect the sheet so that other users cannot change the format.
--
JNW