Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Want to have Data in Data.xls and PivotTable in PT.xls

Hello,

Perhaps this is an easy question but I couldn't do this when I tried.

I have a range or a Table filled with Data in Data.xls (Sheet1)

I want to create one PivotTable in a new workbook DigitalDashboard.xls
(Sheet1) that will always get it's data from Data.xls. Any ideas whether
this can be done? When I tried it wouldn't let me.

The idea is that DigitalDashboard.xls will always run (24x7) and behind the
scenes I will be opening Data.xls, updating the data. Perhaps I have to
close DigitalDashboard.xls before I can update Data.xls because it will be
used by another process. Do you have any suggestions for this?

Thanks in advance
Michael