Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default User forms

I am using Excel 2003. I have a spreadsheet called planning. In one tab,
labelled "plandata", I have my planning data. In a separate tab, I have
created a User Form. This form uses selected fields from "plandata", or it
will. I want to hide the plandata sheet and display the select fields in my
User Form (frmPlanData) for the users to edit. They will NOT add or delete
any records in the file - Edit only.
I can create the form but can't get it to display the records from the other
sheet.
Help!
Obviously new to forms in Excel.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Did you fully qualify the ranges in the other sheet, so including the sheet?
Should do something like:

With Sheets("planning")

..range etc.

End With

If this is not the problem then show the relevant code.

RBS

"Andre7266" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2003. I have a spreadsheet called planning. In one tab,
labelled "plandata", I have my planning data. In a separate tab, I have
created a User Form. This form uses selected fields from "plandata", or it
will. I want to hide the plandata sheet and display the select fields in
my
User Form (frmPlanData) for the users to edit. They will NOT add or delete
any records in the file - Edit only.
I can create the form but can't get it to display the records from the
other
sheet.
Help!
Obviously new to forms in Excel.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I do not have a clue as to what you just said. I have the planning sheet. The
second sheet is blank with my vb code for the user form. On startup I can
bring up the form. However, the form comes up blank without any data from
planning. When I call the form, is that where I am support to put the "With
Sheets("planning")???
Thanks.

"Andre7266" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2003. I have a spreadsheet called planning. In one tab,
labelled "plandata", I have my planning data. In a separate tab, I have
created a User Form. This form uses selected fields from "plandata", or it
will. I want to hide the plandata sheet and display the select fields in
my
User Form (frmPlanData) for the users to edit. They will NOT add or delete
any records in the file - Edit only.
I can create the form but can't get it to display the records from the
other
sheet.
Help!
Obviously new to forms in Excel.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You will have to explain a bit better what you are doing and show the
relevant code.

The second sheet is blank with my vb code for the user form.

What exactly do you mean with that?

RBS

User Forms Donna C Excel Programming 2 December 19th 06 09:42 AM
User forms help mav93[_6_] Excel Programming 2 March 2nd 06 08:47 PM
User Forms Gilly Hampshire Excel Programming 3 May 19th 05 02:58 PM
User Forms Sgwapt Excel Programming 0 January 17th 04 01:22 AM
User forms Candee[_2_] Excel Programming 2 September 12th 03 03:11 PM