Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default User forms

Hi, hopefully someone can help me out...

I have created 2 userforms in an Excel workbook. On the first one, a
user enters information (reference #, issued to, owner, and date
issued). When they save it, the data goes to a worksheet (Log).

On the second one, I have an input box that asks the user which
reference # they would like to update and this entry flows to the
correct text box on the form. What I am trying to do is a VLookup to
call the rest of the information from the database into form2, and have
the user update the info (response date, acceptable yes/no, etc.) and
then save it back to the database.

I'm not sure if this can be done, but I would sure be grateful for any
input anyone may be able to give me on this.

Thanks....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

quite easy. the first form calls the second form then
accesses the data....

on main form:
Function GetRef()
frmRef.Show
GetRef = frmRef.txtRefNumber
unload frmRef
End Function

The above funtions loads & shows the second form (call
frmRef) on which theres a text box named txtRefNumber,
which is where the user would enter the number.

The second form, frmRef, doesn't unload.when the user
presses the close, accept cancel or whatever, the form
should hide itself..
Me.Hide
This 'appears' to close the form, but it actually just
holds it in memory and returns control to the calling
form. As the second form is still in memeory, the calling
form can access its 'data' as demonstrated.

What you could do is range name the table of references
and and have a dropdown combo or a list box on the second
form linked to this range. If the user clicks a value in
the listbox, you can its change event to copy the
selected valu to the text box and then Hide the form.

I can send a demo - if anyone would like it, please email
directly.

HTH
Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP

[...]

~~ View and post usenet messages directly from

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Patrick,

Thanks for your response, and I would appreciate a demo. Again, I am
new here, and I don't see an e-mail address or a link to e-mail you.

thanks

New to User Forms Stacy New Users to Excel 2 July 30th 08 04:26 PM
User Forms Joanne New Users to Excel 18 July 5th 07 12:42 AM
user forms Obi-Wan Kenobi Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 March 21st 06 08:28 PM
User Forms Runner77 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 January 12th 06 06:20 AM
user forms Runner77 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 January 12th 06 04:31 AM