Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Two Questions - Need help

I am programming excel to reterieve query tables as users select from
a drop down. That works fine.

I did have to use an OnTime function to delay calling the next
function while the query populates the table. Inconvenient, but not a
problem

However, When I try to make this available using a Summary Macro,
calling the procedures in another sub obviusly does not pause the
original Macro,

1) is there a way to pause and resume after a called macro is
finished?

(I want to the function, get the tables to populate and come back to
the original For Next Loop)

2) Instead of Call MySub, can you get a call command to reference a
cell with the Application.Run "'" & Range("X2") & "'" command.

This works, s ok if no. But I need it to pause until Range("X2") is
complete, which includes the user kicking of sql calls .onAction fom a
dropdown

I would paste code, but there is alot and my question is hopefully
easy. Everything works, just not sequentially

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have you set
.BackgroundQuery=False
This should delay actions until the querytable has been updated.

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On May 14, 9:11 am, "Roger Whitehead" wrote:
Have you set
.BackgroundQuery=False
This should delay actions until the querytable has been updated.

wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

easy. Everything works, just not sequentially- Hide quoted text -

Thanks! That removed the ontime within the called dropdwn macros.
(Stupid I didn't catch that)

However, I still need a way to pause a Initial macro while it calls
the dropdwn macros

Example

Initial macro
Code...do stuff

x = variable

for cnt = 1 to X
call drpdownmacro(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,0r 12)
next

x will never be more than 5, but could be any possible combination of
drpdwns 1-12 (user defined by dropdown selection)

Any thought on pausing the Initial macro while users select the drop
down for scenario 1 - X?

Or is there a better way than looping and calling?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

I am trying to get hold of Roger Whitehead, a regular poster in this
and many groups...

Can anyone help with a contact email address as the one I have seems
to be invalid?

Many thanks in advance

Vince

On 14 May, 20:16, wrote:
On May 14, 9:11 am, "RogerWhitehead" wrote:

Have you set
.BackgroundQuery=False
This should delay actions until the querytable has been updated.

oups.com...