Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hidden Columns won't Unhide

I hid columns A-G, and now I want them back. Nothing I can do seems to return
them. I followed the instructions in the Help File, but they didn't work:

GoTo A1
Format/Column/Unhide

change from arrow to -||-. It doesn't, so if the width was zero I can't make
it wider.

Any Ideas?
--
Dave
Temping with Staffmark
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try:

Edit|Goto
type:
A:G
then Format|Column|Unhide
and scroll to the left.

If you still can't see those columns, make sure you're not freezing panes:
Window|Unfreeze Panes
(and scroll left)

Dave Birley wrote:

I hid columns A-G, and now I want them back. Nothing I can do seems to return
them. I followed the instructions in the Help File, but they didn't work:

GoTo A1
Format/Column/Unhide

change from arrow to -||-. It doesn't, so if the width was zero I can't make
it wider.

Any Ideas?
--
Dave
Temping with Staffmark
in Rock Hill, SC

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Select the whole worksheet by clicking the box above the row numbers and to
the left of the column letters. From the menu bar, select Format Column
Unhide

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"Dave Birley" wrote:

I hid columns A-G, and now I want them back. Nothing I can do seems to return
them. I followed the instructions in the Help File, but they didn't work:

GoTo A1
Format/Column/Unhide

change from arrow to -||-. It doesn't, so if the width was zero I can't make
it wider.

Any Ideas?
--
Dave
Temping with Staffmark
in Rock Hill, SC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave, try selecting column H and drag your mouse over to the left, or click
on the square above row 1 to unhide all columns and then format columns
unhide
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Dave Birley" wrote in message
I hid columns A-G, and now I want them back. Nothing I can do seems to
return
them. I followed the instructions in the Help File, but they didn't work:

GoTo A1
Format/Column/Unhide

change from arrow to -||-. It doesn't, so if the width was zero I can't
make
it wider.

Any Ideas?
--
Dave
Temping with Staffmark
in Rock Hill, SC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the Immediate Window of VB editor,
Range("A1:G1").EntireColumn.Hidden=false

Carl.

On May 11, 2:34 pm, Dave Birley
wrote:
I hid columns A-G, and now I want them back. Nothing I can do seems to return
them. I followed the instructions in the Help File, but they didn't work:

GoTo A1
Format/Column/Unhide

change from arrow to -||-. It doesn't, so if the width was zero I can't make
it wider.

Any Ideas?
--
Dave
Temping with Staffmark
in Rock Hill, SC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

«If you still can't see those columns, make sure you're not freezing panes:
Window|Unfreeze Panes»

Oh, organic fertilizer -- thereby hung the tale! However all the responses
are helpful -- all contributing to the learning curve <g!
--
Dave
Temping with Staffmark

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Try:

Edit|Goto
type:
A:G

Dave Birley wrote:

I hid columns A-G, and now I want them back. Nothing I can do seems to return
them. I followed the instructions in the Help File, but they didn't work:

GoTo A1
Format/Column/Unhide

change from arrow to -||-. It doesn't, so if the width was zero I can't make
it wider.

Any Ideas?
--
Dave
Temping with Staffmark
in Rock Hill, SC

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gotta learn to use that Immediate box more. Actually the problem turned out
to be frozen panes (which I, being extremely old, forgot <g!)
--
Dave
Temping with Staffmark