Maureen

Default How do I unhide columns previously hidden

I hid a few columns earlier and now can not unhide them. I've done as
instructed - highlight the column before or after and click on unhide - but
it does not seem to work - can anyone suggest another method? Thanks
B. R.Ramachandran

Highlight both the columns (before AND after) and click unhide.
Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran

"Maureen" wrote:

I hid a few columns earlier and now can not unhide them. I've done as
instructed - highlight the column before or after and click on unhide - but
it does not seem to work - can anyone suggest another method? Thanks

Bernie Deitrick

Maureen,

They may not be hidden, just very thin. Try the same method, but set the width to some number (say,
10) instead of using unhide.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Maureen" wrote in message
I hid a few columns earlier and now can not unhide them. I've done as
instructed - highlight the column before or after and click on unhide - but
it does not seem to work - can anyone suggest another method? Thanks

Bob Umlas

You can use F5 (edit/go to) and go to any cell in the hidden column, like F1
(if F is hidden), then use Format/Column/Unhide.
You can select the column before THRU the column after, like E:G and use
Format/Column/Unhide.
You can also position the cursor just a hair to the right of the column
separator and the cursor will change shape to a vertical bar with a
two-headed arrow. Click and drag to the right.
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP