Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open a copy of xls file

Is there a way to open a file as a copy?

I would like to force a user to select a name for a file if they wish to
save - similar to opening from a template.

I am programming in VB.Net, and am launching the 'filename.xls' process
(process.start) - but I would like to avoid having the file 'locked' by the
user.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could open the file read only. The third argument of the Workbooks.Open
method.

Also you could copy the file and open that.

--
Jim
. 97.131...