Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Open HTML file, but doesn't copy correctly

Hello,
I have a created HTML file from another program. Basically its a logging
program for video clips of sporting events. In one of the columns, all I have
is the score from a game. When I open the file in Excel 2003, it changes the
score to a date. For instance, 2-1 would change to Feb 1. If I try to change
it to a text, it will then convert the date to some number like 39000. If I
try to set the grid to text only, the file still opens with the date. I have
even tried to copy and paste from the web page and it still creates it with
the date. How can I tell Excel NOT to change the value of the created HTML
file?
I will be more than happy to supply the HTML file.
Thanks so much.
ken